Karen Surgery: Healthcare, the way it should be
Karen Surgery started in 1991 as a small traditional general practice to provide medical services to the Karen / Langata community. The provision of traditional family medicine was new to Kenya, and soon patients were coming from all over Nairobi, upcountry Kenya, and even East Africa. Karen Surgery has moved a few times, and expanded, but its core values have not changed, and the doctors and psychologist who own and run it have a long-term commitment to the practice and the community.
Karen Surgery provides primary care services for people of all ages. The General Practitioners (GPs) or Family Physicians establish a personal relationship with each individual, one on one, that may last for decades; and may also care for several generations within the same family. Family medicine aims to keep you in good physical and mental health, resolve your medical issues quickly, and keep you out of the emergency room.
Karen Surgery provides comprehensive care:
• well women's health checks, shared antenatal care, and basic gynae care
• well baby growth and development checks, and vaccination
• treatment of acute illness
• school, sport, and camp physicals
• vaccination updates
• preventative medicine
• travel medicine
• management of chronic health conditions
• dressings and wound care by the practice nurse
• appointments with allied health professionals – psychologists, physiotherapists, podiatrist, nutritionist, massage therapist
Karen Surgery provides convenient care, where and when you need it:
• same day walk-in treatment for serious acute illness
• booked appointments – to minimise waiting times
• house visits for the elderly and infirm
• telephone advice / consultations
• email advice / consultations
• repeat prescriptions
• medical reports
Karen Surgery provides patient-centred collaborative care:
• healthcare aligned around the values and needs of patients
• a therapeutic alliance based on honesty, trust, respect and empathy
• shared decision making
• guidance in negotiating the complex maze of high tech specialist and hospital care
Karen Surgery provides cost effective care:
• our pricing is affordable and transparent. You do not need to pay a large upfront fee to register with our practice; you simply pay for the time and services you use.
• we do not deal directly with insurance companies, but will complete insurance claim forms and provide invoices and receipts for you to apply for reimbursement.
• we provide subsidised lower cost care for your domestic staff
+254 (0) 733 642246
+254 (0) 775 642246
+254 (0) 722 646891
Emergencies only: +254 (0) 724 840246
Email : Receptionist@KarenSurgery.com
IN AN EMERGENCY:
Do not waste time. Call the emergency phone, go to the nearest hospital or call an
ambulance. Ambulance Services - 0700 395 395 , 0725 225 225, 0721 225 285.