Karen Surgery: Healthcare, the way it should be
Karen Surgery started in 1991 as a small traditional general practice to provide medical services to the Karen / Langata community. The provision of traditional family medicine was new to Kenya, and soon patients were coming from all over Nairobi, upcountry Kenya, and even East Africa. Karen Surgery has moved a few times, and expanded, but its core values have not changed, and the doctors and psychologist who own and run it have a long-term commitment to the practice and the community.
Karen Surgery provides primary care services for people of all ages. The General Practitioners (GPs) or Family Physicians establish a personal relationship with each individual, one on one, that may last for decades; and may also care for several generations within the same family. Family medicine aims to keep you in good physical and mental health, resolve your medical issues quickly, and keep you out of the emergency room.
Karen Surgery provides comprehensive care:
• well women's health checks, shared antenatal care, and basic gynae care
• well baby growth and development checks, and vaccination
• treatment of acute illness
• school, sport, and camp physicals
• vaccination updates
• preventative medicine
• travel medicine
• management of chronic health conditions
• dressings and wound care by the practice nurse
• appointments with allied health professionals – psychologists, physiotherapists, podiatrist, nutritionist, massage therapist
Karen Surgery provides convenient care, where and when you need it:
• same day walk-in treatment for serious acute illness
• booked appointments – to minimise waiting times
• house visits for the elderly and infirm
• telephone advice / consultations
• email advice / consultations
• repeat prescriptions
• medical reports
Karen Surgery provides patient-centred collaborative care:
• healthcare aligned around the values and needs of patients
• a therapeutic alliance based on honesty, trust, respect and empathy
• shared decision making
• guidance in negotiating the complex maze of high tech specialist and hospital care
Karen Surgery provides cost effective care:
• our pricing is affordable and transparent. You do not need to pay a large upfront fee to register with our practice; you simply pay for the time and services you use.
• we do not deal directly with insurance companies, but will complete insurance claim forms and provide invoices and receipts for you to apply for reimbursement.
• we provide subsidised lower cost care for your domestic staff
+254 (0) 733 642246
+254 (0) 775 642246
+254 (0) 722 646891
Emergencies only: +254 (0) 724 840246
Email : Receptionist@KarenSurgery.com
IN AN EMERGENCY:
Do not waste time. Call the emergency phone, go to the nearest hospital or call an
ambulance. Ambulance Services - 0700 395 395 , 0725 225 225, 0721 225 285.
ANNA KAMINSKI BAppSc Physiotherapy, BA Hmn Mvt
Anna is an Australian physiotherapist with degrees in Sports Science and Physiotherapy. She is an experienced manual therapist and sports specialist who worked for one of Sydney’s rugby union teams for 5 years. Anna specialises in sports physiotherapy, manual therapy, orthopaedic rehabilitation and biomechanical analysis. She is currently registered to practice physiotherapy in Kenya and Australia. Anna works from Karen Surgery Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
Tel: +254 (0)728 600018
ALTAF MAPARA BSc, Kinesiology and Psychology, MSc (A), Physical Therapy Physiotherapy,
Altaf (AL) is a Canadian trained Physical Therapist, who holds a Master’s degree In Physical Therapy from McGill University and an Undergraduate Degree in Biological Science, Kinesiology and Psychology from the University Of Alberta. He has worked both in Australia and Canada and now in Kenya and specialises in Sports Physiotherapy, Manual Therapy, Orthopedic rehabilitation (Pre and Post Surgery), Cardiac rehabilitation (Cardiac disease, Respiratory disease and ICU management) and Neuro rehabilitation for a variety of populations from - pediatric patients spanning through to geriatric patients. Altaf, comes with a diverse background of having worked with Elite level rugby players in Canada at the varsity level and with Paralympic wheel chair athletes at the national level and currently works with Kenya 7’s Rugby team. He also has a passion for working with neurological patients, helping patients who have suffered either a Stroke or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s and a variety of other Neurological conditions with whom he also conducts home sessions if needed.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org \
Tel & Text: +254 (0)724 007200
AILEEN TAYLOR MSc. Sports & Exercise Medicine
Aileen is returning to Kenya where she was born and brought up. She is a qualified chartered physiotherapist with an MSc in Sport and Exercise Medicine, which she attained in the UK. Aileen has built up a wealth of experience over her 25 years, working with both elite and recreational athletes in her specialist field of sports injuries, including work with: the English Cricket Academy, Kenya International Rugby 7s squad, Loughborough University Sports Medicine team and a member of the medical team for Great Britain at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Alongside her clinical work Aileen also works in the field of injury surveillance. She has worked with the English Rugby Football Union, The English Football Association and as part of the World Rugby Injury Surveillance team. As well as working with elite athletes Aileen loves working with clients from all walks of life and is passionate in helping patients to achieve their particular goals through assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and appropriate advice.
Aileen will be working at Karen Surgery on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.Please call to book an appointment
Tel: +254 (0)798 674383